Why can't I change my forgotten password, or log in?

For general questions about Myopengrid Grid, Web Page etc feel free to post here.

Why can't I change my forgotten password, or log in?

Postby Susannah1Avonside » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:03 pm

I have an avi in My Open Grid for some time, not that I visited that often, as there didn't seem to be much point wandering around on my own, I can do that in some of the lonelier parts of SL,or OS Grid. However, I discovered that I'd forgtten my password , so I did what I was supposed to, only to get a message to the effect that the information in the link was invalid, or more than 24 hours old - neither of which is true. There is an avi named Susannah Avonside on MOG and she has visited on several occasions. So, this failing miserably, I decided to register another avi, in the name of Susannah1 Avonside, and see if MOG was more than the last time I visited. Duly entered all the info required into the Imprudence Grid Manager, and thought, here goes.... NOT! Evidently the DNS couldn't be resolved. I checked all the details minutely, no errors, apart from the viewer making a lower case M of Myopengrid instead of the uppercase that I pasted directly from the MOG website, but that is something that Imprudence does, as does every other viewer.

What's going on? I know that OpenSIm stuff can be buggy, but perhaps it's no wonder no-one visits these grids when it's such a chore to actually get inworld. Susannah Avonside would like to visit MOG soon, so hopefully that silly and frustrating error with the forgotten password renewal will soon be fixed, as will all the issues surrounding not being able to log in at all.

I live in hope.
Susannah1Avonside

Re: Why can't I change my forgotten password, or log in?

Postby Myopengrid » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi Susannah1Avonside,

Please check on your viewer if is there an empty space after the login url this is most common cause of that error message, also be sure to select "Plaza Mayor" on the regions list box,if you are trying to login in a region that is offline it will fail too.
I will taking a look on the reset password problem and will get back to you soon.
Myopengrid

Re: Why can't I change my forgotten password, or log in?

Postby Myopengrid » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Susannah1Avonside,

There was indeed a bug in our password reset page and it was fixed, Thank you to bring this to our attention!

Please try again and let me know if you have any problems.

If we don't get the bug reports, sometimes is hard to test every tiny part of the system.
Again thank you for reporting this issue to us, hopefully I will see you in-world soon.

In-world: Admin Myopengrid
Myopengrid

Return to General questions and help